About Me

header ads

How to Fix Hamachi VPN Tunnel Error


Hamachi is best to play the games with your friends by creating a virtual private network. But sometimes it gives errors and problems that couldn't be solved easily. Like a few days back when I was going to play Counter Strike with my friends I saw something like a yellow triangle with my friend's name. The details told that it is VPN error or something like that. I was like! WHAT THE..............   but then i fixed this. Wanna know how?

Allright! Lets Begin

>> Start the Hamachi and power it On.

>> You will get an IP address, For example 5.92.192.197 
      Remember this, we are going to need this.

>> Now go to your Network and Sharing Center.


>> Click on Change Adapter Settings.



>> Make sure that Hamachi is the first connection/top priority here. (You can do this by clicking on Advanced --> Advanced Settings. Move Hamachi to the top with the arrows)

>> Right Click on Hamachi and select Properties.

>> In the next window that appears, Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and click on Properties.




>>  In General Tab make sure that both the options of obtaining the IP are set to Automatically Obtain.


>> In Alternate Configuration, click on User Configured radio button.

>> Now here in IP Address, put the IP that you got from Hamachi when you powered it on.

>> Put the Subnet Mask and Default Gateway as shown in the image here.

>> Don't change anything else. Press Ok then Close to save the settings.

>> Restart you computer.

>> Next time you power on the Hamachi you will see that VPN error is GONE FOREVER.


Thats how I fixed this.

If you still have questions, then let me know 
      This is why people come here

  • How to configure Logmein Hamachi
  • Hamachi network configuration/error
  • Hmachi not working
  • Hamachi fix for Windows 7/Vista/XP
  • Hamachi yellow triangle
  • Hamachi setup
  • Network adapter error

Post a Comment

34 Comments

  1. Finally something that works

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I dont see the triangle error when im in humachi but when my friend joins my humachi server he sees the triangle error. am i supposed to fallow these steps or him?

      Delete
  3. There is no hamachi on the list, I have uninstalled every part of hamachi from my Pc and reinstalled it multiple times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which list you are referring to? When you install the hamachi for the first time it automatically setup the computer along with the drivers needed. Perform a system clean up and try to install the lastest version avialable.

      Delete
  4. what if the IP I get from hamachi is 25.xx.xx.xxx, do I use 25.0.0.0 as the gateway?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. you just have to change the ip address. remaining should be entered as shown in the image.

      Delete
  5. i cant get in the properties of internet protocol version 4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First you have to select it in order to enable the properties button.

      Delete
  6. i got this problem too. tried the fix but it didn´t work still got the error according to a friend.

    could it have anything to do with that i´m on a whireless connection or anything?? pls let me know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I don't have any wireless connection. However responses are that it is working perfectly on a wired connection. So I don't know, but believe that wireless connection could be the reason behind the problem. Make sure that you are not using any other VPN connections Like Freecanadavpn or softwares

      Delete
  7. which ip do i need to put in hamachi ip adresS?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its not like that. You get IP from Hamachi when you power it on. Now put this Ip in IPV4 settings.

      Delete
  8. I used your method but the problem is not getting fixed. What should I do?? My internet connection was not working coz of hamachi so I disabled the hamachi connection,and my regular internet started working. Now,i hav enabled it again but started having tunnel problems. Used your method but it isnt working

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you using another VPN software or connection along with this? There is a possibilty that it may affect hamachi. I rechecked this issue by disabling freecanadavpn.com connection here in my pc and found that hamchi was working again perfectly. So think about it.

      Delete
  9. Thank you! Your tutorial fixed the VPN Tunnel error that my friend and I were having.

    Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that it helped. Would be a lot better if you use your name instead. Anyhow, Keep visiting for more updates :)

      Delete
  10. have same problem... i have friend sitting next to me and friend in home and we wanna play my hamachi works perfectly but friend have this problem so i folow your instructions and its doesnt work at all we are on wirelles but its cant be in it because my hamachi works fine did u have any advice?.... sorry for my english hope u understand that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already mentioned that I don't have any wireless connection, so i believe that this could be the cause of the problem. Do a system clean-up and reinstall the HAMACHI. Don't know that it works but in some cases it helps. A LOT.

      Delete
  11. Didn't work for me, i'm not wireless either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then try to upgrade to the latest version of Hamachi or download a fresh copy. Do a system cleanup and install it again. This could help, in some case.

      Delete
  12. my friend is the server owner and is he ment to do this or am i?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are getting this error then of course you have to do this, otherwise your friend have to adjust his configuration as mentioned

      Delete
  13. After hours of googling, I found this. The only solution that fixed the problem. A big thanks to you, Sarmad! Keep up the awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me! it took me 3 days to search and solve this problem. So i thought that why not post it, so that people don't have to search the forums to get the answer. Anywayz!!! Thank you :)

      Delete
  14. I have hamachi open, me and my friend are in the same network. I go to change adapter settings. And the only option i have there is ethernet. Tehre is no hamachi to be found

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it means that drivers for Hamachi are not installed. Try to re-install it and make sure that this time it adds drivers.

      Delete
  15. PLS HELP, it says that the default gateway is wrong. what do i type ?, I followed all ur instructions

    ReplyDelete
  16. when i click adapt connection settings it does not come up with that what i does for you

    ReplyDelete
  17. In my Network Connections, I can't find Hamachi; I can only find Ethernet and my regular Wi-Fi. Can someone help?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings > Hamachi Network Interface not found :(
    I have tried reinstalling many times too. Driver failed to install I guess?

    ReplyDelete
  19. What if i the host does not get the yellow triangle but instead someone trying to connect to my network did?

    ReplyDelete